Information we collect
Information You Provide
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account, request a download link for one of our mobile apps, download and use any of our mobile apps, participate in a contest or promotion, fill out a form or survey, communicate with us via third-party social media services, request a reward, engage with customer support, or otherwise communicate with us.
The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, home address, phone number, social media usernames, paypal account, survey responses, demographic information and any other information you choose to provide. We only use your contact details for the purposes you provided us them with, i.e. receiving our newsletter or receiving a reward in one of our apps.
Information we collect when you use our services
When you access or use our services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Location information: When you use our services, including our mobile apps and our SDKs integrated into third-party mobile apps, we may collect information about your location (provided you activated the respective functions). For example, we may collect information about your precise location using GPS, wireless networks, cell towers, Wi-Fi access points, and other sensors, such as gyroscopes, accelerometers, and compasses. For information about how to opt out of the collection of certain location information, please see “Security, Opt-out and your Rights” below.
- Device information: We collect information about the device you use when interacting with our services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, sensor activity, device identifiers (including advertising identifiers assigned to your device), mobile device name, mobile apps installed, and mobile network information. Depending on your device operating system, we may also collect the names of nearby Wi-Fi networks..
- Usage information: We collect information about how you use our services, including the type of browser you use, how long you access our or a third party’s online service, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our website or a website that integrates our services.
- Information collected by cookies and similar technologies: We use various technologies to collect information via our websites and apps and the third-party online services that integrate our SDKs and other services. This may include sending cookies to your device and using unique identifiers assigned to your device. These technologies help us understand usage activity, how you respond to ads, what ads may interest you, and see which areas and features of our services (and other apps, websites and online services that integrate our services) are popular. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Security, Opt-out and your rights” below.
Information we collect from other sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our services. For example, we may receive information from:
- Advertisers and ad networks, including impression and clickstream data (such as the websites you have visited and ads you have viewed or interacted with), location information, and device identifiers
- Referral partners that enable consumers to download our mobile apps from their websites
- Various partners that share information about their users with us by matching unique device identifiers or cookie identifiers commonly held between us and those partners
- Social media services if you choose to create or log into your account using your credentials from such services (in this case, we will have access to certain information from the social media service, such as your name and account information, in accordance with the authorisation procedures determined by the service)
How we use information
We use the information we collect for various purposes, including to:
- Identify where you shop and the places you visit to help advertisers and other businesses learn how you respond to ads, what ads may be interesting to you, and to identify broader trends about consumer behaviors and preferences
- Infer certain details about you, including demographic information and whether separate devices are owned by you or by members of the same household
- Provide, maintain, personalise and improve our products and services
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and administrative messages
- Respond to your communication to us and provide customer service
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards and events offered by Locarta, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you
- Process and deliver contest entries and rewards
- Link or combine with information we collect from or about you
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected
- One of the data types Locarta processes are the names of wifi networks. If you name your personal wifi network after yourself (e.g. John Doe-NET) there is a theoretical chance that a connection can be made to an individual, and to the sampled location data. Locarta does not do this and has effective measures to prevent fraudulent use of sampled data.
How we share information
We may share location and demographic information and device and advertising identifiers with our customers (e.g. advertisers) to provide insight into consumer behaviors and preferences and to enable them to tailor market research, attribution modeling, and future ad campaigns based on such data. We may also share this information as follows:
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Locarta or others
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company
- Between and among our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership
- With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information.
Our apps Evergiving and Collekt use functions of the analytics tool Adjust, provided by Adjust GmbH, Saarbrücker Str. 37a, 10405 Berlin, Germany. Adjust helps us to understand how users behave within our apps and via which marketing channel they discovered our apps. For these purposes Adjust collects information like your anonymised IP address, your Ad-ID, time when you installed the app, and how you interact with the app. Adjust stores this data in the EU. You can find Adjust’s privacy declaration here.
Security, opt-out and your rights
This website uses ssl encryption for security reasons and to protect confidential information, e.g. your queries, which you send to us as website operator. You can recognise an encrypted connection when the address bar in your browser changes from “http://” to “https://” and a lock symbol appears in your browser’s address bar. If the ssl encryption is activated, data transferred to us by you, cannot be read by third parties. All in-app sampled user data is transferred via ssl encrpytion and stored by Locarta on servers within the EU.
- You can revoke your agreement to saving your data, your email address and the usage of these for the newsletter distribution at any point, e.g. via clicking the “Unsubscribe” link in the newsletter.
- You can prevent collection and usage of your data by clicking on this link and setting an opt-out cookie for your browser: https://www.quantcast.com/opt-out/
- Should you delete all cookies on your browser you have to set this cookie again the next time
- You can prevent that information on your website visit, including IP address, are collected by the cookie and send to Google, by installing the following browser plugin: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
- You can prevent Google Analytics from collecting your data by clicking on the following link. It sets a opt out cookie which prevents the collection of your data at future visits: Deactivate Google Analytics
From cookies on your Android mobile phone
- Open the Google settings app on your device (called Google Settings or Settings, depending on your device)
- Scroll down and tap Google
- Tap Ads
- Switch on Opt out of interest-based ads or Opt out of Ads Personalization or tap Set back Advertising ID
From cookies on your iOS device
- On your Apple device open settings
- Tap Privacy
- Tap Advertising
- Turn on Limit Ad tracking to stop getting personalised ads or tap Reset Advertising Identifier to delete information connected to your Ad Id
From cookies on your browser
- You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies, to indicate when a cookie is being sent, to allow cookies only in certain cases or to automatically delete all cookies when closing the browser
- How it works exactly differs from browser to browser. Click here for the descriptions for Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Safari.
- You can opt-out from our panel and deactivate Locarta’s data collection on your device by clicking here and following the described steps
- If you want to deactivate Adjust’s in-app tracking, please click here and follow the steps /li>
- The opt-out will be effective for your whole device
Your rights and contact
You have a right to know the data we store about you (please use this form for your request) and (if applicable) the right to correct, freeze or delete this data. Should you have further questions about how we collect, process and use your personal data, please contact our Data Privacy Officer via firstname.lastname@example.org. The same applies should you wish to have your data deleted, corrected or to withdraw your consent to our data processing. The competent supervisory authority for Locarta is the Berlin Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information (Berliner Beauftragte für Datenschutz und Informationsfreiheit).
Last updated: 23.05.2018